Monday, April 20, 2015

He Does Not Leave

Feeling a bit hammered these last few weeks.  The lack of forward movement toward Baby Sis, compiled with our grave news of a malignant nasal tumor for one of our fur babies makes maintaining a bright attitude challenging some days.  {will post an update on Fischer after vet appt tomorrow}.

And yet........

Texts.  Emails.  Phone calls.  Prayers.  Notes.

They continue.

And they seriously seem to come on the VERY day I struggle to stand strong.

Today, it was a cheery phone call from a dear friend {Thank You, Leah!} and the "happening upon" the words below.  People!  If you do not have this book called "Loop" it is must!  For reals!  Or at least find the FB page!  Life-giving words every.single.read!!!!



Here are the words that poured into my soul today!..........

I Do Not Leave
Daughter, I pour my light into you. I guide you and do not leave you. I have good plans for your life. I love when you step toward Me to realize them. 
There is discouragement along the way—and distraction, too. But I keep walking ahead, and I reach out my hand, and I do not forsake you. I do not abandon you.
The path is filled with rock that can cause you to stumble—and weeds that entangle and attempt to trip you up. But I clear the path, in the midst of difficulty and sometimes rocky roads.
I clear the path.
My voice in you, these whispers to your heart, my words a blade of truth that swipes away uncertainty and doubt. Walk in the way I’ve prepared for you, this way full of twists and turns and hills and valleys, deserts and lush mountain-scapes.
I’ve walked this path. I walk it with you. How could I leave you?
You were made for this—to be with Me, walking this path, the path we walk together. Faith is not knowing the details of what the future holds, but trusting Me to be with you in it. 
So keep walking with Me, in faith, along the path I’ve prepared just for you. That is where you will cling to Me most tightly, where you will feel my gaze steadfast upon you, when I will hold you.
Daughter, I never let you go.
“‘I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken’” (Acts 2:25).

Here is another excerpt that "found me" before retiring one evening shortly after learning of our second failed adoption......

Tonight, no matter who else calls the house you live in "home," know that you're not alone. Know that the Lord loves you and sees you and calls you His. Know that the things that burden your heart are on His mind. Know that He is able to handle everything you face. And know that you're not going to face it or handle it or go through it without Him. I pray that you would sense His presence and rest in His peace. In Jesus' name.

Thank you, family, friends, neighbors and blog pals for your many constant and steady reminders that I am not forgotten.  We are not forgotten.  And we are so not going through this rough patch alone.

We love you how beautifully you all love us!

And, even in unanswered prayers, we can see God loving us well with such an amazing love!

Sorrow-filled today.  Yet, I cannot deny how blessed we truly are!
 photo debbiesiggy.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!